6 Important Insights from Cvent Connect 2019
Successful event design is more important now than ever
Meeting and event planners should intentionally address every element of the event and tap into the key motivators of attendees to create a positive experience. Creating value for guests and emotional connections with the brand should be the main focus. One suggestion is to begin planning your corporate event by thinking about and incorporating your business goals first.
Take advantage of the technical tools available to help measure event success and build relationships
Try using these technologies to measure the event impact:
- Mobile app surveys and polling during the event to get immediate feedback
- RFID/lead retrieval applications to scan badges and acquire customer data easily
- CRM integration software so attendee data is immediately imported into your customer database
- Facial recognition technologies to identify and register attendees at your event to speed up the check-in process
Crafting the attendee journey during the event is key
Cvent Connect taught us some great ways to do this by building in a “fear of missing out” element through communications. This will cultivate an interest in sessions and activities.
Data helps drive the experience, and experiences help drive data. By tracking interaction and interest, you can then leverage this information to define your event’s content, message, and flow.
Identify your business goals, and then build a program that speaks to your attendees
Be audience-centric and transform the on-site experience by making it informative and memorable.
Here are some tactics to help gain mind share:
- Use a promotional website to centralize information
- Drive engagement with strategic updates
- Tease the agenda, speakers, and key messages
- Use social media to promote content and build brand love
- Capitalize on post-event engagement by using information, interactions, and follow-ups to ensure that attendees remember your event
Predictable events are no longer relevant; however, creative experiences that motivate and excite are in
Consider what elements will create the biggest impact. Ask yourself who are the attendees and what excites them? Think about how you can create specific areas that will increase the engagement of attendees.
Here are a few ideas to help bring your program to life:
- Consider content and flow – avoid hours of talking heads
- Create intimate, conversational spaces – in general sessions AND breakouts
- Define intentional networking and informational hubs to pull attendees together during downtime
Utilizing social media is crucial for today’s audiences
Intrigue meeting or event attendees with adding content teasers on social media. You can even get speakers involved. The best part about using social media is that you can promote event sessions, activities, and ideas in real-time.
Here are a few ideas to help:
- Use small bursts of live-streaming to share experiences and content
- Geo-target attendees to offer special prizes
- Expand your overall social media strategy to create energy and excitement
The goal of any meeting or corporate event is to create a program that is entertaining, immersive, educating, and encouraging. By putting these six insights to use when planning your next event, you are sure to achieve success.
Connect with Bishop-McCann to plan your next corporate event or meeting!